- Happy members that stay
- Big Benefits
- Not for Profit
- Covered Australia-wide
Prawn & Mango Salad with nahm jim
Posted 2 May 2018
Need a quick and easy summer dish? Here you go! Callum and Themis from Sprout Cooking School highly recommend this scrumptious seafood dish for those nights when it’s just too hot to use the oven.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
Prawn & mango salad
- 20 Large peeled and deveined prawns
- 1 Tablespoon rice bran oil
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, deseeded and diced
- 1 Punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Mango, flesh removed, diced
- 3 Spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, torn
- Small handful coriander leaves
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Juice of two lemons
- 1 Garlic clove, finely grated
- 2cm Piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 Long green chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- To make the nahm jim, stir fish sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice together until sugar dissolves. Stir through garlic, ginger, and green chilli.
- Combine cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, mango, spring onion, mint and coriander in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the prawns, and cook for 30 seconds-1 minute each side or until golden brown and just cooked through.
- Stir nahm jim and prawns through the salad. Transfer salad to a large platter then serve