What are dentures?
Dentures (also known as false teeth) are prosthetic replacements for missing teeth. There are two main types:
- Full dentures used to replace all teeth.
- Partial dentures used to replace one or more missing teeth when some natural teeth remain.
How are dentures made?
Our dentists will:
- Give you a thorough dental check-up which might include X-rays.
- Take impressions of your teeth to create custom-fitted dentures.
- Book a follow-up appointment to give you your dentures and check they fit correctly and comfortably.
How to take proper care of your dentures
- Rinse after eating.
- Clean daily with a denture brush, mild soap and running water.
- When not wearing, soak your dentures in plain water or a denture cleanser solution – it’s important they don’t dry out.
- Dentures are very delicate, so be careful when handling.