Articles LifestyleChocolate, Pumpkin & Pecan Brownie
- Happy members that stay
- Big Benefits
- Not for Profit
- Covered Australia-wide
- 200g Dark chocolate
- 3 Eggs
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- ⅓ Cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ Cups grated pumpkin (from ¼ small pumpkin)
- 1 Granny smith apple, grated
- 1 ⅓ Cups almond meal
- 1 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ Cup Dutch cocoa, plus extra to serve
- ½ Cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 160C fan forced. Line a 20cm x 20cm square baking pan with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a simmering saucepan of water. Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, olive oil and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Whisk melted chocolate into egg mixture, then stir in pumpkin, apple, almond meal, nutmeg, cocoa and pecans.
- Transfer the batter to the lined tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or brownies are set and smell delicious. Allow the brownies to cool slightly before turning out and cutting into 5cm x 5cm pieces. Dust with extra cocoa to serve.