- Happy members that stay
- Big Benefits
- Not for Profit
- Covered Australia-wide
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 sma11 eggplant, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 800g tinned tomatoes
- Pinch of salt
- 2 x 250g skinless chicken breast, cut into 2cm dices
- 80g feta cheese
- Crusty bread, toasted
- 3 handfuls basil
- Large handful rocket
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Most people know that for good health we should aim for five serves of vegetables a day. This dish will go a long way in helping you meet your vegetable requirements with very little effort. It also stores well – meaning tomorrow’s vegetables are sorted too!
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or stockpot over high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the eggplant and cook for 3-4 minutes or until it starts to soften. Then add the garlic. zucchini and red capsicum.
- Stir in the fennel seeds, leave to toast for a moment, then add the tomatoes and salt.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the ratatouille thickens and the tomato sauce darkens in colour slightly.
- Add chicken and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, combine half the basil, the rocket, lemon juice and pine nuts in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped. Stir in the olive oil.
- Divide the ratatouille between bowls. Add a spoonful of rocket pesto to each bowl and crumble over the feta.
- Pick the leaves from the reserved basil and scatter over the top. Serve with a big slice of toasted crusty bread.